Inclement Weather / Additional Pet supplies
- Inclement Weather, Natural Disaster, National Emergencies – In the event of inclement weather, natural disaster, act of war, PPCSS will use the following guidelines regarding the care of your pets and your home:
- Limit outdoor exercise
- Avoid hot asphalt and concrete
- Provide plenty of fresh water
- Ensure waterproof pup jacket is available
- Provide a blanket for warmth to prevent hypothermia
- Be aware of humidity and “feels like” temps
- Know the symptoms and treatment of heat stroke, hypothermia, and frostbite
PPCSS sitters will confer with clients concerning altering visit times and feeding schedules should inclement weather occur.
Should PPCSS not be able to make a house visit, PPCSS will depend on an emergency contact provided by you at time of initial consultation. Emergency contact information must be kept current, and emergency contact person must be able to access your home.
- Pet supplies – If supplies run out during your service PPCSS will replenish these items (dog/cat food, litter, etc.) for a $20 additional charge